Women’s HealthCare and the specialized clinic “Substance Use In Pregnancy: Treatment For Two” is committed to ensuring optimal health care for all OB/GYN patients and their families. Utilizing these programs and services Women’s HealthCare will provide a multi-faceted approach for the treatment of women.
This program is specifically designed for pregnant and Post-Partum women with a Substance Use Disorder
The program provides medication-assisted treatment with Buprenorphine and Naloxone.
In addition to substance use treatment, women will have access to mental health services.
Parenting education classes are provided.
Routine OB visits are scheduled to assist with healthier outcomes for mother and baby.
Peer Recovery support services are offered.
81.3% of infants born to mothers participating in Drug-Free Moms and Babies programs across the state were discharged in their mother’s care.
How can the Mother-Baby Care Coordinator Help You?
• The Mother-Baby Care Coordinator is a new integrated piece of Women’s HealthCare.
• This care coordination is open to all OB/GYN patients.
• The Care Coordinator is dedicated to guiding and supporting your unique needs.
• The Care Coordinator offers a variety of supportive services to assist patients and their newborns in achieving optimal health outcomes.
What Specific Services can the Mother-Baby Care Coordinator Link You To?
•Mental Health Services
• Substance Abuse Treatment including Medicated Assisted Treatment for pregnant women with a substance use disorder
• Child care
• Birthing classes
• Breastfeeding classes and consultation with a certified lactation consultant
• Domestic violence services
• Assistance to obtain infant car seats
• Referral to the local Baby Pantry
• Emergency services such as shelters, food, clothing and hygiene products • Referrals to in-home education services such as Early Head Start, Parents As Teachers, Right From The Start, HAPI
• Home health services
• Nursing home placements
• Parenting education and support
• Support groups for bereavement, NA/ AA/Ala-Non, Foster/Adoption
• Education Assistance
• Employment Assistance